Monday 1 April 2013

Arjuna and His 10 Names


Arjun said to Uttar - "My ten names are - Arjun, Phaalgun, Jishnu, Keeriti, Shwetvaahan, Vibhatsu, Vijaya, Paarth, Savyashachee and Dhananjaya. 

(1) Arjun - My complexion is unique like Arjun tree, and my name is stainless, that is why I am named as Arjun.

(2) Phaalgun - I was born on the slopes of Himvaan in a place called Satsring on a day when the star Uttaraa Phaalgunee was in ascent, that is why my name is Phaalgun. 

(3) Jishnu - I am called Jishnu because I am terrible when I am angry.

(4) Keeriti - My father Indra gave me a beautiful crown when I was with him, that is why I am called Keeriti. 

(5) Shwetvaahan - My horses which were given to me by Agni Dev are white, that is why I am called Shwetvaahan too.

(6) Bibhatsu - I have never fought by unfair means in any battle that is why I am called Vibhatsu.

(7) Vijaya - I always fight till end and I always win, that is why I am called Vijaya. 

(8) Paarth - My mother's original name is Prithaa, so I am also called Paarth.

(9) Savyashachee - I never frighten my enemies by meanness, I can shoot with my both hands, thats why I am called Savyashachee. 

(10) Dhananjaya - I was called Dhanajaya when I conquered all the kings at the time of Raajsooya Yagya and collected wealth from all of them.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...